Personal care, home and laundry products - HPC 420 standard
HPC 420 is a global safety and quality management system standard that helps companies consistently manufacture products that meet customer demands and protect their brands.
Based on PAS 420 standard by the British Standards Institution, it adds a management component for product quality. It also sets extensive requirements for certification and accreditation bodies.
What is the standard?
The standard enables auditing and certification of HPC safety and quality management systems, covering:
- Manufacturing of home care products (e.g. detergents, fabric softener, dish washing tablets etc.)
- Manufacturing of personal care products (e.g. shampoo, lipsticks, cotton pads, soap)
- (Bio)chemical manufacturing (HPC ingredients e.g. vitamins, additives and bio-extracts (but excluding technical and technological aids of the manufacturing process)
- Manufacturing of HPC product packaging (e.g. direct, indirect contact with HPC products)
- Transport and storage on site and as part of an operation are included.
The Standard is applicable to all organizations in the HPC supply chain in the above categories, regardless of size and complexity. Covered under the standard are the raw material and packaging used in the manufacturing of finished products. In addition to the main requirements of the standard, there are also additional requirement for home care and personal care products defined in Annex A and B of the standard.
Why is certification good for my business?
Implementation and certification to the HPC 420 standard will help your company:
- Comply with customers product safety and hygiene requirements
- Reduce customers audits
- Demonstrate a robust product safety management system
- Enable continuous improvement in processes and product safety
- Better protect their brand and customers
- Gain greater brand confidence when applying and getting certified to globally recognized schemes
- Enable faster time to market as certification allows faster procurement from new suppliers
- Reduce the audit burden when applying globally recognized industry standards
- Manage supply chain risk and drive continual improvement
How can I prepare for certification?
Details on how to apply for certification are detailed in Part l Requirements for HPC 420 Certification
Services we can provide include:
- Gap Assessment.
With any new certification programme, DNV offers gap assessment against the requirements of this standard with the aim of helping sites to be prepared for their certification audit. This assessment highlights areas where improvements are required in order for a site to be successful in their certification audit.
Certification of your product safety management system to HCP420.
Why partner with us?
DNV has an extensive network of auditors whom have a wide range of experience in auditing organizations for products and processes covered under the scope of HPC 420. Within the global network for DNV auditor are located within many countries who can offer audits in local language with the knowledge and understanding of local customs.