Want to know the cost?
Be recognised as a sustainable business and reduce your impact towards the environment. Transparency is highly valued by conscious consumers which is why being certified can put you at the forefront of your competition. Having an environmental management system will enable your company to meet the expectations of policy makers and views stakeholders while reducing your business costs.
ISO 14001 is the most recognised international standard for environmental management systems that is used worldwide. The nature of ISO 14001 allows it to be applied to a range of business sectors, scopes, and activities. It provides a framework through which an organisation can deliver environmental performance improvement in line with its environmental policy commitments.
The standard specifies requirements for how to proactively achieve the following intended outcomes:
- Identify and understand the environmental aspects of its activities, products and services, and associated environmental impacts.
- Understand how significant aspects can be managed, implement necessary controls and set clear objectives to improve environmental performance.
- Establish its environmental policy and objectives.
- Manage its obligation to comply with applicable legal and requirements and other stakeholder obligations, and to regularly check the compliance status.
- Continually improve the management system to enhance its environmental performance.
ISO 14001 is designed to be compatible and harmonised with other recognised management system standards, including ISO 9001. It is therefore ideal for integration into existing management systems and processes.
Why is certification good for my business?
The potential benefits of ISO 14001 are numerous, but the most significant and tangible ones are that the standard enables your organisation to:
- Build and operate an environmental management system within a well-defined and clear framework that is flexible to your own business needs and expectations.
- Provide a tool for environmental performance improvement and the means to effectively monitor and measure environmental performance.
- Facilitate reductions in pollution, waste generation and unintended discharges to the environment. This includes impacts related to the product, taking into consideration a life cycle perspective.
- Improve your resource management, including use of energy, which may also imply a reduction in the cost of running your business.
- Better meet environmental legal compliance and corporate requirements.
Care about the environment and want to show your customers? Get ISO 14001
For certification, you need to implement an effective environmental management system complying with the requirements of the standard.
DNV - Business Assurance is an accredited certification body. We provide relevant training and certification for your environmental management system. See how you can get started on the road to certification.