Planned maintenance system for technical ship management - ShipManager Technical
How can we help you?Contact us
Technical management software system for planned and unplanned maintenance of vessels
Planned maintenance system on ships (PMS)
A planned maintenance system allows shipowners and operators to plan, perform and document vessel maintenance at intervals complying with Class and manufacturer requirements. The objective is to ensure safe and reliable vessel operations, including equipment, in addition to compliance with all applicable regulations. There are different ways of achieving this, depending on the size and complexity of the shipping company and the types of vessels in operation. In all cases, a systematic approach to maintenance is based on risk assessment and begins with the establishment of a complete database of machinery, equipment and fittings.
A planned maintenance system on ships is mandatory according to the International Safety Management Code (ISM). An effective planned maintenance system not only helps meet safety and environmental objectives laid out in the ISM Code, it is also an investment in the protection of the assets and optimization of their management.
Technical ship management system
ShipManager Technical is the technical ship management system for both planned and unplanned maintenance, defect reporting and technical asset and data management. A planned maintenance system streamlines the planning, documentation and implementation of maintenance work and surveys onboard ship.
ShipManager is offered for all vessels independent of Class. The Planned Maintenance System is type approved by DNV.
Modularized fleet management system for ships
ShipManager is comprised of individual modules or a complete ship management system that will cover the full range of ship management needs. ShipManager Technical is normally combined with other modules, for example shipping procurement, ship safety management system, crew management system, hull integrity management and shipping data analytics (business intelligence). An integrated solution provides the insight that is needed to gain efficiency, reduce Opex and remain competitive in the maritime market.
Module for management of Inventory of Hazardous Material (IHM)
ShipManager’s IHM module supports compliance to the requirements of the Hong Kong Convention SR/CONF/45 and EU Regulation SRR.
The support of the IHM process is integrated in ShipManager’s Fleet Equipment Register (FER), Order Management, Stock Control and Planned Maintenance System to enable efficient IHM maintenance.
Planned maintenance system implementation support
A ship management system implementation involves capturing and migrating data from many sources, and it is crucial to have access to domain expertise and best practice from previous implementations to secure the value of your data, achieve success and maximize return on investment.
With ShipManager Technical PMS software you can benefit from:
- Optimization of vessel maintenance management
- Central management of your fleetwide equipment and maintenance jobs
- Provide all information for powerful, fleetwide management reporting with the business intelligence system ShipManager Analyzer
- Easy-to-use common user interface between ship and shore, improving communication
- Prepare and document all planned and unplanned maintenance tasks
- Define and schedule counter-/calendar-based and condition-based tasks
- Categorize jobs and elements according to relevant criteria, such as critical, safety relevant, class relevant or origin
- Keep an automatic update of stock counts in consideration of spare parts consumed for maintenance tasks
- Keep lifecycle records of each equipment
- Efficient management of Inventory of Hazardous Material (IHM)
- Defect management
- Exchange equipment for maintenance and overhaul without losing relevant information
- Have central task lists for onboard engineers and technical office staff
- Integration with other ShipManager software modules
- DNV's implementation team with extensive ship management expertise
- Interface with Machinery Maintenance Connect (MMC), which enables DNV surveyors to audit the whole fleet in one day, instead of vessel by vessel.