Model Builder automates the process of creating new Synergi models by importing spatial data directly from a geographical information system, or GIS. Model Builder can import facility data, such as pipes, regulators, and valves, as well as supplemental data from existing Synergi models.
Our interactive, self-paced eLearning course covers everything you need to know to use Model Builder. You’ll first learn how to prepare your Synergi environment for use with Model Builder. Then, you’ll learn about the two stages of the Model Builder process. The Configuration stage is where you identify what data you want to import from your GIS, and the Conversion stage is where you actually import the data. Finally, you’ll learn how to use standard Synergi tools to review the imported data and make any necessary corrections to your new Synergi model. Our eLearning course features guided software simulations where you can practice a Model Builder configuration and conversion – without the need for a Synergi installation or license.
- Understand the Model Builder process
- Create and save a Model Builder configuration file
- Learn the importance of the equipment warehouse in relation to Model Builder
- Learn about attribute mapping, lookups, pressure translation, and facility and node naming
- Run a Model Builder conversion
- Create and save a Model Builder conversion settings file
- Understand how to use Model Builder conversion log files
- Understand how to identify and correct potential issues in the resulting Synergi model
New users who will be running the Model Builder module or users who need a refresher in this functionality (engineers, planners, and technicians who will be using Synergi Gas).